You could create metric at Insights page and pin any chart to dashboard. Dashboards are extremely useful for real-time analytics and we'd suggest to create several for every department in your team.
In order to access dashboards, press on tab at the top and choose one that you need or create a new one from scratch.
- How to create dashboard
Let's pretend you create a new dashboard. Once you press on
button, you can set a name for your dashboard.
In Dashboard settings you can add description to your dashboard. Add dashboard to favorites by pressing on star icon and this dashboard will appear on top of the list from the dashboards tab.
2. Add chart to dashboard
- Press on
Add Chartbutton on dashboard
- You will get to Insights page
- Choose data source and measure
- Users can also add dimension, filters, adjust date range and choose type of visualization
- Once chart you need has been created, press on
Add to Dashboardbutton
- Name your chart, add description if needed and choose destination dashboard HINT: Add emoji to chart name, it would be much easier to catch metric you need on dashboard 😉
- Press on
- Adjust size and position of the chart on dashboard if needed
3. Edit chart on dashboard
- If you'd like to edit chart on dashboard, e.g. change type of visualization, date range, add dimension or another measure, press on
...next to chart and choose
- On Insights page add changes that you need
- Once done, press on
Updatebutton if you'd like to update existing chart or
Save As Newif you want to pin another chart to any dashboard
4. Filters on dashboard
You can choose date range, aggregation filters or add a completely new custom filter on dashboard. All filters are being applied to all metrics in dashboard.
Let's pretend I want to filter out all orders on my dashboard with status
Take a look at the gif below and steps are following:
- Press on
Filtersbutton and then
+sign on the right
- Name your filter, choose integration and dimension
- Choose dimension that you need from the drop down menu
Note: If you have metrics from various data sources on dashboard, custom filter can break some charts since data might not be corresponding to filter. HINT: Create dashboards with all metrics from one data source if you plan to use custom filters regularly.
5. Shared dashboard
This feature is a must to try! Make dashboard shareable, so your team, investors and other people who need track metric can access it without a need to sign in to Statsbot.
Here is how you can do that:
- Press on dashboard settings icon
- Turn on
- Copy autogenerated link and share
Lastly, you can also embed this dashboard with iframe code on your premises or cast browser tab on TV via Chromecast.